I’m hitting a milestone today. I feel that I am ready for it. I think it is time to take a moment to reflect on what has happened to me in the last 30 years.
- I was born 28 July 1982
- I have two wonderful supporting parents who unfortunately were unable to give me a sibling, meaning I was an only child.
- I had an extremely privileged childhood where I was given everything I needed without being spoilt.
- I was fortunate enough to know my Grandparents on my Mothers side for a significant part of my life and my Grandad on my Fathers side, all who influenced my upbringing and helped shape me into the woman I am today.
- I was a good students with good grades and I worked hard.
- I enjoyed dancing from the age of two, a hobby that I pursue to this day and I hope Miss M will enjoy and love as much as I did.
- I achieved the grades to attend University.
- I met my gorgeous husband at the age of 17 and married him at 23.
- I left home at 18 and moved in with hubby when I completed University.
- I secured my first full time job at a public relations agency in Manchester.
- I bought my first house with hubby in 2006.
- I moved to Australia in December 2007.
- I had my first child in 2011
I never thought I wanted to be a parent before I was 30 and most of you know that Miss M was not exactly planned. However, life will throw you so many curve balls and opportunities and it all happens for a reason and I wouldn’t change any of it.
Today I’m thankful to everything that has happened to me over the last 30 years and all the people that have been there for me along the way, especially my parents, my absolutely incredible husband and my beautiful daughter.
Now I’m off to enjoy a day full of wine! We have organised a winery tour in Mornington, which I’m super excited about and the added bonus is that Link Tours (the provider we are using) is accommodating Miss M and her best friend on the tour as well. If anyone is ever looking for a fantastic tour guide of Melbourne’s beautiful regions definitely speak to Paul.
What did you do on your 30th?
Mrs B x